Monday, September 16, 2013

My Big Brother


Nothing new has really happened this week. Our stuff came so I have some new books to read. I am reading the Maximum Ride series right now. I am reading the first book, but by the time I snuggle into bed I will be on the second one. It's that good. Even now as I am writing this I am wondering, why am I not reading? Its because of something my brother said to me in his email today.

I have a confession; I love my big brother.
He is serving his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormons) and I am so proud of him. He is so cheerful and happy all the time and he always makes me feel happy. I especially love his letters and emails. I also miss him.

Anyway, he told me that I was too hard on myself. I don't always agree with him about that though, but it made me smile. Even when he is in another country he always knows what to say to me, when I need encouragement, or a push.

He told me he was angry that I thought little of myself (I am taking the liberty of summing this up). So, here it goes Zach.
I know I am ignorant, blond, and sometimes make stupid choices. I know I don't always think highly of myself. I know I can be hard on myself. BUT (and this is big) I love who I am.

Maybe I should say that again. I LOVE WHO I AM.

And I also love my annoying, stubborn family. Especially my big brother.



No comments:

Post a Comment