Friday, September 3, 2010

Youth Leadership Confererance 2010 Modesty Lesson

Last week I went to YLC and it was a lot of fun... except for the modesty talk given by one of the main speakers. The speaker related girls to a chocolate bar and said that we needed to be modest because if we don't we are tempting the guys to "eat us" so we need to be modest so they don't sin... THAT IS NOT TRUE! It was very frusterating to sit through this. Girls, don't dress for the guys. Guys, don't blame the girls for how they dress if you have inappropriate thoughts. And girls, in whatever case, if anything happens to you (like rape) IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT. ITS A CRIME and has NOTHING to do with HOW YOU DRESS.
I was horrified that more than 800 youth heard this talk and I hope most of them know how wrong this is. Jeffery R. Holland gave a talk to BYU students about this. Here is the link:
http://www.familylifeeducation.org/gilliland/procgroup/Souls.htm

I just wanted to tell you how this upset me,
Stargirl

2 comments:

  1. i happen to disagree with you on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. on what? guys shouldn't blame their evil thoughts on us... that's all I am saying.

    ReplyDelete